Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

There was a Birthday!

We had a birthday come and go last week - my aunt turned 60-something.  I can't keep track of these things.  Sometimes, I don't remember how old I am!

I couldn't blog about the gift for her until I actually gave it to her.  And here it is.

She had mentioned at some point that she would love to have a bag with some pockets.  She is ALWAYS carrying around a bag full of stuff, so something nice for Sunday or so was what I thought she might need.  

The exterior of the bag is home decor fabric, though it is quite soft.  The inside is some cotton print I had in my stash.
The pattern is from Rebekah Lambert, the Pleated Tote Pattern.  The only thing I changed was the pockets.  I sewed a half sized panel onto the lining and then up the middle to make two large full sized pockets.


The button is an oldie, but goodie.

Two large pockets on the inside.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your Aunt loved her bag... so big and roomy. I always like pockets on the inside so I don't lose things. That button is awesome!!! Thanks for linking up. I've put this in the Bags and Totes linky instead of Purses and Clutches. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete