Friday, December 2, 2011

'Tis Done

 So, it is finished.  My cathedral window pillow cover is finished. 

I decided to make an envelope style cover and it worked much better than my first envelope pillow. 
I made sure to leave plenty of overlap this time. 
Yeah, you win some, you lose some.
The stinker just had to be in the photo.  Worked rather well since she even posed (gasp!).

Earlier this month I also made some slingers.  These things are nearly impossible to take pictures of, so pardon the less than stellar photos.  But you get the idea. 

I simply cut two triangles of fabric, sewed them together, and then sewed them into some thin bias tape.
Before I sewed them into the bias tape, I used some Wonderunder to secure the triangles to the tape.  I used 1/4 inch bias tape and didn't want to risk the triangles moving out of place and than me having wonky slingers.

I kinda like them.

Better than the plastic ones you can buy in stores.


  1. Hey Deanna! I must say, looking at your photos, I am envious of your sewing abilities!! Awesome!! Love the pillow.

  2. Pillow is amazing - I really want to try this technique. You're so right it is like cheat quilting! Also loving that what you're calling slingers I would call bunting - its a funny ol' world... :-)