Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Um, Hello?

Wow, that was a long and unplanned absence!

Let me explain.

In the middle of April, we found out that we are pregnant (yay!).  However, pregnancy and I do not get along very well and I become a nauseous, pukey, irritable, sleepy, and rather useless person.  And it's not just morning sickness, it's 24/7 sickness.  My last pregnancy, I felt nauseous up till the last 2 months, but so far this one is going a little better.  I am taking Diclectin to keep the nausea at bay, but unfortunately it makes me very sleepy.  So nothing is really getting done around here.  My dear hubby is pitching in with housework and my little girl is watching a lot of Franklin and Shaun the Sheep.

Anyway...

Remember this little girl?


I surronded her with Kona coal and some Pez triangles.  


And then I finished her off with coal coloured binding with a slash of pezzy.


This is only the second mini quilt I have made, so I am a little proud of it.  I wanted the focus to be on the paper pieced girl, and I think I accomplished that. 

This mini is on it's way to my swap partner.  Hopefully she receives it this week and I really hope she loves it too.

p.s.  My paper pieced girl was featured over on Sew Mama Sew today! 
Check it out here!

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! Such an adorable mini.

    I'm so sorry about your pregnancy sick feeling. I think being naseaus is the worst feeling in the world. At least there is shaun the sheep when we need him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congratulations!! And sorry you've been feeling so rough. I had nausea 24/7 for at least the first 4 months in my first pregnancy, so I know how debilitating it is, 2nd time round was easier, so I hope you'll be feeling yourself again very soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute mini, your partner will love it.
    Congratulations on the pregnancy, shame that the nausea comes with it too =D

    P.s Would you mind turning off your word verification. Please and thanks
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/im-not-robotreally.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that's lovely news! I'm sorry you don't feel well. I'd love to do another hexie swap, i'll go through my stash and will make some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the pregnancy! Sorry to hear about how yuck you have been feeling. I saw a Homeopath for 2 of my pregnancies and I do think it helped relieve that morning sickness. After 3 pregnancies I did also learn a few tricks - have a glass of apple juice by the bed and drink it first thing in morning OR have hot water with lemon first up. Keep eating, like every hour or two - whatever you can stomach, I craved a lot of fruit. I just found that I didn't feel sick when I ate but felt sick when my blood sugars dropped down again. Eating low GI and proteins are good for maintaining the blood sugar. Once I got over the nausea thing I usually ended up with heartburn. Pregnancy in some ways was a drag but also I loved the feeling of having a little one growing inside me.

    ReplyDelete