Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

little things

I've been sewing a lot of little things lately.

I had a mom contact me about making her daughter an apron with a hat for her 2nd birthday.  She wanted something bright and bold.  Well, the pink here really is that pink!


The main fabric is a Novella print from Valori Wells and I love the dark with bright.  It's the second thing I've sewn from this fabric, so now I only have scraps left, but that's okay because I find myself sewing more with scraps lately anyway.

After seeing some mini samplers pop up here and there, I've fallen in love with mini blocks.  So when I joined the Simple Sweet and Scrappy Swap on Flickr, I knew the drawstring bag I was making would incorporate some mini blocks.


The bag pattern is Jeni Bakers Drawstring Bag tutorial, and the piecing is done by my math.  The blocks finish at about 2 inches.


I have to add a few things to the package yet, but here's what I'm sending out to my partner.  We had to fill the bag with crafty things, but the only thing my partner specified was fabric!  So, more fabric and less other stuff for her.


Some more mini blocks.  But these ones are going to be made into a wall sampler for myself.  I'd been holding on to this mini charm pack of Simply Color for a while now, trying to decide how to use it, and this seemed perfect.  Only, because not all prints have doubles in the pack, I'm limited in what blocks I can make as I like to have each block in a main print and colour.


They will finish at 3inches.  It's kind of fun working with such small pieces.

Then there are the not so small pieces - 


I am slowly making progress on my Feathers quilt.  I'm hoping to have it done by the linky deadline of March 14, but I have to teach two days next week, so I'm not sure it'll make it!  In any case, it will get done soon and then it's on to the quilting part.  Sure will be nice to have a nice quilt on our bed.

4 comments:

  1. That feathers quilt is just going to be.... wow. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the feathers are fantastic, as are your mini blocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks really good! Move the feathers quilt.

    ReplyDelete